Will you be selected as one of our 2020 Ambassadors?
The anticipated dates for the 2020 Exchange are August 10-25, 2020; Please note these dates are subject to change.
Your Completed Application Package should include:
*1 Completed Application Form
– A parent or guardian signature is mandatory
* 1 Essay Explaining in 300 Words or Less
– “Who I Am and How Will This Exchange Enhance My Life?”
* 2 Reference Letters from Different Sources (School, Religious Group, Volunteer Service, Work, etc.)
- Please address reference letters to: The North Shore Lions Youth Exchange Search Committee
- Please note that references may be contacted.
The 2020 Application Deadline is Saturday, March 7th at midnight.
We thank all those who apply but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Students who are selected for interviews will be contacted by e-mail in April 2020.
- Interviews of selected students will take place over 2 evenings, Tuesday April 28th and Wednesday April 29th, 2020. You must be available one of these evenings to be considered. Please note these dates may be subject to change.
- All students who are selected for an interview will be contacted by phone on the final interview night to be advised of their result.
- Application packages of students not selected to participate in the Program will be shredded. Application packages of the successful students will be kept on file for 2 years then shredded. All information provided by students as part of their application package will be kept in strict confidence and not be used for any purpose other than as required by the North Shore Lions Youth Exchange Program.
Instructions on how to submit your application are detailed on page 1 of the application form.
Please read the entire application form before applying.
Download PDF Application Forms Here:
The 2020 Application form will be available January 6th, 2020.